Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy birthday "Ajax"

Well, almost. February 18th is the official one-year anniversary of Jesse James Garrett's essay that coined the term "Ajax" to describe what applications like Google Maps were using under the hood.

Thus rekindling interest in what some longtime web developers have pooh-poohed as old news: DHTML. But man. Books. Articles and tutorials. Conferences! Workshops! And the prime indicator that a concept has gained serious traction, haters!

Not bad for something once considered just a few short years ago to be too broken, unevenly-supported, and often downright ridiculous to be of any use.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger gmn17 said...

Happy birthday "Ajax"

I thought I was lonely!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mario said...

i have not idea. I believe Ajax more older ...

saludos
Mario

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Mentifex said...

Don't know much about Ajaxography, but I have linked to this excellent Zen blog from JavaScript for Artificial Intelligence.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Geoff said...

Happy Birthday Ajax

I just trying to understand JavaScript.

My Birthday was Monday
Geoff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home